Susan m Miller
The Colony Group
180 Linden St
Susan has been providing financial planning, tax, and investment advice to individuals, small business owners and non-profit organizations for over 25 years. Prior to joining The Colony Group, Susan founded another wealth management firm, Aurora Financial Advisors in 2002, which merged with The Colony Group in Feb, 2019. In addition to working one-on-one with clients, lawyers and mediators, Susan presents seminars on Financial Issues in Divorce, Charitable and Planned Giving Strategies, and Stock Option Strategies for Individuals. BA - Economics, Wells College MA - Economics, Pennsylvania State University CPA - Certified Public Accountant CFP - Certified Financial Planner CDFA - Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Mediation Training through Boston Law Collaborative
Professional Memberships: Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (Past President), International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (Former Board Member), Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, Institute of Certified Divorce Financial Analysts, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Association of Divorce Financial Planners.
Create customized, coordinated financial, investment and tax strategies for people contemplating life transitions, including divorce, retirement and estate planning.
Divorce-related financial issues addressed include:
* Cash flow and budgeting analysis
* Tax-efficient child support and alimony payments
* Dependency exemption determination
* Division of retirement and non-retirement assets (pension, IRA, 401K, marital home, etc)
* Future net worth projections for both parties
* Education funding analysis
* Calculation of insurance needs
* Complex tax issues such as stock option valuation and division, alimony recapture and the impact of Alternative Minimum Tax
* Other financial issues as they arise