A primary goal of Collaborative Law is to help divorcing couples find the best way to meet the financial needs of each separate household.
These are some of the ways that a Collaborative Law divorce will help you and your spouse address financial matters:
- With your attorneys and the coach/facilitator, you will negotiate a financial settlement in meetings in which each of you is well prepared and the agenda is clearly defined.
- If you want tax or other financial advice, you can ask a financial expert to help.
- You, your spouse, and your attorneys commit up front to be honest about finances.
- You agree to share all financial information fully and promptly.
- If you need to know how much your home, your pension or your business is worth, then you and your spouse will select one professional who will work for obth of you to provide that information.
Learn more about how Collaborative Law helps settle issues relating to:
Pre and Postnuptial Agreements