Benefits of Attending:
▪ Learn the fundamentals of the Collaborative Law model and how to apply it to both Family & Business Law cases.
▪ Develop results-oriented techniques to help clients reach successful resolutions to disputes.
▪ Identify and implement strategies for success with high-conflict clients and how to navigate challenging cases.
▪ Train with experienced professionals who are passionate about the team approach.
▪ Course meets the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) standards for a Collaborative Law Intro Training.
▪ Continuing Education Credits are available (see bottom of this event registration for more details).
Who should Attend: This training is designed for family and business law attorneys, psychologists and other mental health professionals, coaches, social workers, and mediators, financial professionals, child development and co-parenting specialists, and anyone assisting business or family clients in conflict.
Lectures, demonstrations (video and live), role plays, and panel discussions will include these topics:
- Elements of Collaborative Law Practice
- Making the “Paradigm Shift” - Moving from an Adversarial Mindset to a Collaborative Mindset
- Interests-Based Negotiation
- The Interdisciplinary Team in the Collaborative Process
- Ethical Considerations and Dilemmas
- Overcoming Challenges in Collaborative Law Practice
- Incorporating Collaborative Law into Your Practice
The faculty consists of professionals with national and international reputations as leading trainers in the field of Collaborative Practice
Gina Arons, Psy.D. is a psychologist, Collaborative Law coach-facilitator, mediator, consultant to attorneys, and former long term board member of Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council. Dr. Arons has presented at numerous Collaborative Law conferences in the United States and Canada on introductory and advanced topics and has a private practice in Lincoln, MA with services for children, adults, couples and families.
Dawn Effron, J.D., is a collaborative attorney and mediator focusing on family and workplace issues. Dawn teaches the skills that she applies in her practice at Northeastern University School of Law and New England Law | Boston, and in business settings.
R. Paul Faxon, J.D. practices in the areas of closely-held and family business law, commercial real estate transactions, and legal conflict assessment and resolution. Paul, a past President of the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council, has presented numerous times at the International Association of Collaborative Professionals’ annual conference as well as Collaborative Law trainings in the US and Europe.
Jessie L. Foster, MBA, CFP®, CDFA - As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™, Jessie illuminates the financial difficulties surrounding divorce for clients, mediators and attorneys. These services entail a broad spectrum from a comprehensive analysis of the short and long-term impacts of proposed settlements, to an evaluation of the tax implications of property division, to spousal and child support, to all of the important retirement and investment decisions that may impact clients and their families well beyond divorce. She is also a trained Mediator and Collaborative Law Financial Neutral.
Justin Kelsey, Esq is the owner of Skylark Law & Mediation, PC, a firm that helps families resolve conflict. Justin is a Mediator and Collaborative attorney practicing primarily in family law and divorce is the current president of the Masaschusetts Collaborative Law Council, and is also on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation.
Amy H. Martell, MA, J.D. is the founder and principal collaborative attorney & mediator at Whole Family Law and Mediation in Marshfield, Massachusetts. Amy has presented at numerous conferences around the country, guest lectured on Collaborative Law at local law schools, and co-authored the chapter on ADR in the recently-released Lexis-Nexis Massachusetts Family Law Practice series.
Barbara Nason, Esq. is a collaborative attorney, mediator and founder of Nason Divorce Solutions, LLC in Dedham, Massachusetts. Barbara, a former litigator, has been practicing family law for over 20 years and now finds more favorable results for her clients and divorcing couples through out-of-court dispute resolutions. Barbara is a past president of the Masaschusetts Collaborative Law Council .
Early Bird Registration ends August 15, 2017.
Ocean Edge Resort and Golf Club
Brewster, MA 02631
|Per Person||$ 650.00|