Benefits of Attending:
▪ Learn the fundamentals of the Collaborative Law model and how to apply it to both Family & Business Law cases.
▪ Develop results-oriented techniques to help clients reach successful resolutions to disputes.
▪ Identify and implement strategies for success with high-conflict clients and how to navigate challenging cases.
▪ Train with experienced professionals who are passionate about the team approach.
▪ Course meets the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) standards for a Collaborative Law Intro Training.
▪ Continuing Education Credits are available (see bottom of this event registration for more details).
Who should Attend: This training is designed for family and business law attorneys, psychologists and other mental health professionals, coaches, social workers, and mediators, financial professionals, child development and co-parenting specialists, and anyone assisting business or family clients in conflict.
Lectures, demonstrations (video and live), role plays, and panel discussions will include these topics:
- Elements of Collaborative Law Practice
- Making the “Paradigm Shift” - Moving from an Adversarial Mindset to a Collaborative Mindset
- Interests-Based Negotiation
- The Interdisciplinary Team in the Collaborative Process
- Ethical Considerations and Dilemmas
- Overcoming Challenges in Collaborative Law Practice
- Incorporating Collaborative Law into Your Practice
Gina Arons, Psy.D. is a psychologist, Collaborative Law coach-facilitator, mediator, consultant to attorneys, and former long term board member of Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council. Dr. Arons has presented at numerous Collaborative Law conferences in the United States and Canada on introductory and advanced topics and has a private practice in Lincoln, MA with services for children, adults, couples and families.
David Consigli,CPA, ABV. David is a Certified Public Accountant who specializes in the valuation of closely held businesses for numerous purposes including divorce and shareholder litigation. David is trained as a Collaborative Financial Neutral and sits on the Accredited in Business Valuation Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Dawn Effron, J.D., is a collaborative attorney and mediator focusing on family and workplace issues. Dawn teaches the skills that she applies in her practice at Northeastern University School of Law and New England Law | Boston, and in business settings.
Susan M. DeMatteo, M. Ed, J.D. is a collaborative family law attorney, mediator and parenting coordinator. Susan has been practicing law for over thirty years. Although Susan has been a litigator for many years her preference is to focus on dispute resolution as a better way for her clients to resolve their family law matters. Susan was trained in collaborative practice in 2001. She is a graduate of Northeastern University receiving her B.S in Health and her M.Ed. in Education and New England Law | Boston. At New England Law | Boston she was Editor in Chief of the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement and was a published author.
Justin Kelsey, Esq is the owner of Skylark Law & Mediation, PC, a firm that helps families resolve conflict. Justin is a Mediator and Collaborative attorney practicing primarily in family law and divorce is the current president of the Masaschusetts Collaborative Law Council, and is also on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation.
Barbara Nason, Esq. is a collaborative attorney, mediator and founder of Nason Divorce Solutions, LLC in Dedham, Massachusetts. Barbara, a former litigator, has been practicing family law for over 20 years and now finds more favorable results for her clients and divorcing couples through out-of-court dispute resolutions. Barbara is a past president of the Massaschusetts Collaborative Law Council .
Betsy Ross, LICSW, CGP works with couples, families, and individuals as a Collaborative Divorce Facilitator and Co-Parenting Relationship Coach, a Divorce Mediator, and as a Licensed Psychotherapist in Boston and in Stoughton, MA. For over 25 years, Betsy has helped individuals, couples and family members to talk to each other more, fight less, and improve their ability to address issues and problem solve together. Betsy’s training in three different specialties: psychotherapy, coaching, and mediation has provided her with a large repertoire of tools to choose from when working with clients to improve their relationships. She has served as a consultant and has taught workshops and facilitated discussions in many settings
One MGM Way, Springfield, MA 01103
Reduced room rate of $179 per night for Wednesday and Thursday nights. Friday night rate is $279.
at the MGM Springfield
Springfield, MA 01103
|Early Bird Training Pricing|
|Per Person||$ 650.00|